Thursday, September 6, 2007


She was my Angel On Loan

God gave me an angel to carry and love,
If only for a moment's time;
I loved, nurtured and cared for her soul,
But it wasn't in His design.
My angel wasn't ready to join this earth,
To be born into the world's ways;
So she was taken to heaven to wait some more,
And now I must pass the days.
It's often hard to look past my pain,
And see the greater scheme;
When all I want to do is hold,
That child of my broken heart's dream.
I know someday when the time is right,
I'll be given my angel again;
She'll be born so healthy and full of life,
With fingers and toes of ten.
She'll have vibrant eyes and cheeks of rose,
And a cry of heaven's sweet song;
I'll cherish each moment I have with her,
No matter how brief or how long.
I'll thank the Lord for blessing my life,
And I'll savour the gift He's sent;
For I know each child is truly His own,
And my angel is one that He's lent.
©Kari Hentzelt,
Share

No comments:

Groupon.com