OK well its late and I am not feeling to good so I am still awake.....
And of course what else is there to do at 1:30 in the morning but browse
the net??? and Ebay?????????
I came across this and had to laugh! Anybody want some spam???
EBay the World’s Online Marketplace®
Not just a virtual yard sale
We’ve Got the Famous Auctions, the Weird Auctions,The Most Expensive Auctions Ever
Did you know....
Famous eBay Auctions in the News
The first item ever auctioned on eBay was a broken laser pointer listed by eBay founder Pierre Omidyar. He said he was sure to ask the winner, “You know it’s broken, right?”
The oldest known pair of Levi jeans, circa 1880, sold for $46,532 to Levi Strauss & Co. Levi Strauss planned to produce an exact replica for their vintage clothing line. ( Anyone have a pair for me to sell????? lol)
A Gulf Stream II business jet is the highest-priced item sold to date. It went for $4.9 million.
The meaning of life. “I have discovered the reason for our existence and will be happy to share this information with the highest bidder,” per the seller. Someone bought it for $3.26
A human kidney. Seller’s description read: “Fully functional kidney for sale. You can choose either kidney. Buyer pays all transplant and medical costs. Of course only one for sale, as I need the other one to live. Serious bids only.” The market for transplantable human organs is illegal in the U.S., so eBay blocked the sale, but not before bidding reached more than $5.7 million ( um dad you sure???? )
What was the most expensive thing sold on eBay?
1. A 340-year-old copy of Shakespeare’s “Pericles, Prince of Tyre”, which survived the Great Fire of London in 1666, went for $5million GBP (Great Britain Pound).
2. A Grumman Gulfstream II jet that sold for $4.9 million.
3. A 1909 Honus Wagner baseball card at $1.65 million.
4. Diamond Lake Resort, located in western Kentucky for $1.2 million.
5. A 2003 Ferrari Enzo for $975,000.
6. Shoeless Joe Jackson’s “Black Betsy” baseball bat for $577,610.
I wish i could sell something for that much!