Friday, November 16, 2007

I'm in the market for a nice freezer that wont cost alot.

We want to wait to get one till we move so we wont have to lug it UPstairs!
But we DO want to get one!
Reasons behind getting a freezer for me is:
You can:

--Save money by buying items when they are on sale or reduced price, in season (thanksgiving!), and in bulk.
--I like to prepare family favorites in quantity and freeze meal size portions for extra meals later on! Ex: Just a few fav's - Hubbys favourite Waffles, Pizza's, Banana Bread.
--Save Time and SAVE MONEY!!!

:-D

So, I am starting my hunt for a freezer.
I need tips on the best ones you have found for a great price!
Any freezers that have just not worked for you? Share

3 comments:

Ben Curell said...

You might consider looking for a vertical freezer. It makes things so much easier to organize and find when you're in a hurry. Good Luck! I wish we could get one as well. No space.

Anonymous said...

Here from Crystal's...

I second getting an upright freezer. We have a chest-style deep freeze, and boy is it a pain. I am a short ol' girl and have a hard time getting to the bottom of it! Plus you can't really see what is in the bottom!

Also, get a frost-free one. This is OH so important! I have to defrost mine every 4 months or so. NOT fun...

:) Hope this helps!

-Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hey, just an FYI, we have a stand up freezer, and I'm guessing it's old, as it was here when we moved in 6 years ago. Our elect bill has typically been $125/month. However, after reading a book on saving money, it was suggested to NOT have a freezer. So, we unplugged it a few months ago, and our elect bill went down to $60/month. Huge savings!! Maybe a newer freezer would be more energy efficient?? Not sure, just thought I'd give you the heads up. :)
AmyR.

Groupon.com