Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Slang for Savy Shoppin

A few slang terms for shopping that we use in the Coupon world.
Let me know if I've missed any!

BOGO: buy one get one. You may also see it B1G1. Also sometimes BOGOF for buy one get one free.

CRT: Cash Register Tape

DND: Does not Double

ECB: Extra Care Bucks from CVS

FAR: After rebate

IR: Instant rebate

MFG or MFR: Manufacturer

MIR: Mail in rebate

OOP: Out of Pocket

OOS: Out of stock

P&G: Procter & Gamble

Q: Coupon, you may also see CPN or CP.

SS: Smart Source

V: Valassis or VAL as seen sometimes.

WYB: When you buy.

YMMV: Your mileage may vary Share

2 comments:

ThriftyMommy said...

Looks like a good list.

RC - raincheck

I used that one this week at Thrifty Mommy.

Mom2fur said...

It took me a while before I realized 'OOP' didn't refer to a mistake!
Valassis is now known as Redplum. Do we call it RP?

Groupon.com