Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sparkling Clean

I HATE wakin up to a dirty kitchen... but sadly more often than no I end up saying... oh fiddle dee I will do them in the morning!

And I dont get around to them till mid afternoon the next day! Who wants to wake up to a sink full of dishes. Urgh!

So I make it a point now to MAKE sure I TRY to clean it before I go to bed...


A few things that help me?

-Make sure the dishwasher is empty before dinner becuase it is SO much easier to load dirty dishes right into it after making a whole meal and then eating it! If its empty I dont have to drag my feet to do it to put in the dishes.

-Wash/Put in dish washer as I go about makin the meal. If I do this I dont feel like I have to spend a long time after dinner trying to clean up! Just got to put away the plates we ate off and put the food away!

-Think about how nice it will be if the kitchen is clean before I go to be to wake up to a clean one!

-JUST GET IT DONE! I think we groan and groan about such little things and think of it this way... we waste time groaning and we could of already had it done and be on to something else by now!

I love this from this article on Do's and MUSTS on keeping a clean kitchen from Clean Home Journal.

Daily MUST-DOs
Wipe down counters
Keep clean as you cook
Inspect fridge
Wipe off stove and oven top
Empty trash
Sweep floor

Weekly SHOULDS
Clean small appliances.
Desmudge surfaces
Mop floors
Wash garbage cans

Monthly OUGHTAS
Deep clean the oven and stove
Deep-clean fridge and freezer
Purge and clean cabinets
Deodorize dishwasher
Free up drains
Shine up kitchen floor
Just a few tips to help keep your kitchen clean and sparkly!
Share

7 comments:

Carlie Faulk said...

I'm with you - I hate going to bed with dirty dishes. My kids are getting old enough now it's getting easier, but when they were little. whew.... lol!


Come by and check out my blog giveaway!

The Proverbs Wife said...

Great tips. I am a fickler for a clean kitchen eery night. It's a great habit to form. ANd such a time saver in the mornings.

Anonymous said...

JUST GET IT DONE is right! Check out my post entitled "5 minute sink" at http://pragmaticcompendium.wordpress.com/2008/04/15/5-minute-sink/

Rebekah said...

This is such a hard thing for me too! By the time I get dinner finished, Brandon's needing nursing, both boys need baths, etc, etc. It's very often that I just leave them until the morning, but then I get busy again, so it's usually afternoon! ARGH!! JUST GET IT DONE is a great motto for me to post all around my house these days! :-)

I'm the Mom said...

I am right there with you! I work night shift and take care of the kids all day so by the time dinner is over I am off to bed! I really need to try and GET IT DONE though!

L Harris said...

Flylady's theme for the year (www.flylady.net) is Do it Now! Don't Wait! Get things done in 2008!

Thanks for your post. I just got my dishes done and my sinks wiped for the first time in like 2 months!!! It feels really really good.

I have four children - 6, 5, 2.5 and 1 and I'm expecting again. I totally get being too tired to get supper clean up done!

Dawn said...

Great ideas! i also try to put on some music, talk radio program, or a book on CD while I clean/cook. It makes the time go by! I keep a cheap radio/CD player on top of my fridge.

Groupon.com