Thursday, July 3, 2008

To BIG for words...

Wow oh Wow oh Wow.....
I was breathless....
I am still in awe of the Grand Canyon. It was huge, it was beautiful, it was beyond words.
I'm uploading pictures and we took 435 today alone! LOL :-D But we got some AWESOME
ones of the grand canyon.
(On the drive to the Grand Canyon)


We left Flagstaff this morning around 10am and headed up to the Grand Canyon. It was a nice drive. Lots of Indians selling goods on the road up.

We are THERE! :-)

We got there and I just stood there and stared. It was even bigger then I imagined it would be!
We took TONS of pics, went up into the tower to get a good view and WOW!
Took lots more pics on several different scenic routes on the way thru to the other side.
So here's just a FEW of the hundreds..... sigh











When we left one scenic place there was a grey wolf just hanging out! lol
Hub pulled over REAL fast and said I REMEMBER THIS FROM WHEN I WAS KID WE TOOK PICS HERE!!!
And asked me to take a pic of him with it! (PS: Mom gonna need to find that old pic for me!)
I being very big girl did not get my pic takin with him... hehehe
And of COURSE we will eat at IN-N-OUT Burger!
Our pastors FAV!!! :-D

OK, I had taken over driving at this point and so
I was GREAT driving until we got OVER the Mt.
to the Dam.... I FREAKED OUT and pulled into
a parking lot and let hubby drive. No WAY was
I driving over that thing..... I was sweating, laughing
nervously and hyperventilating.. go ahead and laugh.....
As soon as he took over I was ok. :-D just a TAD bit nervous....




And we made it to Las Vegas around 6:30 (8:30 back home).
We had booked a nice hotel on Expedia this morning and
boyyyy is this room nice! LOL :-D
We are heading out in the morning and we are going to be driving thru
Yosemite into CA and should reach San Jose late afternoon or evening
depending on how things go....
Share

3 comments:

Elizabeth F. said...

Gorgeous pics! Maybe I'll go there one day too. IT would be quite a drive for us though. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's neat! You've been tagged!

Nancy M. said...

Those pictures are so awesome! Maybe one day we can make it out there. I am glad y'all are having so much fun!

Groupon.com