Friday, August 22, 2008

Liking my 2 week menus...

OK, I have found a major reason that I am liking my 2 weeks menus now...

I don't shop for as much food! I know that sounds very odd. But for some reason
I have been able to shop for less when I shop for two weeks. We have a plenty full of food in my pantry and freezer from some awesome deals and so planning a menu for two weeks (have done this twice now) has been SO easy and I have come up with meals that I don't have to buy a lot of things for!

I hadn't even realized this until last night when I was putting in my receipts of the groceries I bought this week into my spreadsheet. (I keep track of every penny I spend on household/food so I know what I spend and it keeps me on track!!! I suggest this to anyone trying to stay on a budget!!!)

The Lord has blessed in the recent weeks with great supply of very good priced meat that I stocked up on under $1.00 a lb! And that is my only struggle in our budget is finding meat for a decent price. My score price to stock up on meat (reasonably of course) is $1.00! That sounds cheap I know but it IS doable!

I am making it my mission to eat out of our pantry and freezer and try to plan meals with as little to none extra items to buy for it! It will take a bit of tweaking I know but I know I can do it!!! I haven't been able to do this before because I haven't ever had a score of meat in my freezer that would last me over a week. :-) Such a blessing!!!!

So if your stuggling in the area of trying to save $$ on shopping for food or household items for your family.. KEEP IT UP! It is worth it in the end. I have been doing this for just a year now and I am now at a place I can say I really am happy with were we are! The struggle is worth every penny! Or rather every penny saved!!! :-) Share

3 comments:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

We've been doing a lot of making do lately as well. WE haven't suffered either. There is so much in our pantries that we can use up. :D I also shop once every 2 weeks.

Brooke said...

i stock up whenever meat is on sale and freeze it - that way i typically only have to grocery shop once a month - i love it!!

Audra Krell said...

I love hearing that you are winning the grocery battle and that you are happy! Very encouraging -thanks for sharing!

Groupon.com