Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh Num.... lots of dark chocolate!

This last week I was heading up all the stuff for a baby shower
for a friend of mine. Shes due in less than 3 weeks! Woohoo!
So I decided to try my hand at a shower cake for her.
I haven't made one in YEARS! And it turned out VERY
nummy and actually kind of cute! :-D









And WALA! :-)











Here's the recipe:

CAKE

2 cups of sugar
1 3/4 cups of flour
3/4 cup of Cocoa (I used Dark)
1 1/2 teasp. of baking powder
1 1/2 teasp. of baking soda
1 teasp. salt
2 eggs
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup of oil
2 teasp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water

~ Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour pan (2 9'inch round or 1 13x9)

~ In large bowl: stir sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Ad eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; beat on med for 2 mins.

~ Stir in boiling water. It will be a thin batter. Pour into pans.

~ Bake 30-35 mins for round pans and 35 to 40 mins for rectangular pan.

~ Cool and frost~


Frosting:

6 tablsp. butter
2 2/3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup cocoa (I used Dark)
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp of vanilla

~ In mixer beat butter.
Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk.
Beat to spreading consistency (might need more or less milk)
Blend in Vanilla.
Frost cake!

ENJOY!!!!
Share

4 comments:

Lynn said...

That looks very good!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Ooooh! This is the cake I have been making for years. It is awesome!! I get so many compliments on flavor and moistness. Thanks for sharing!

Donna said...

Yummy!
Good job!
Can it get any better than chocolate?!!!?!!! Especially dark!

Donielle said...

That cake looks fabulous! and the saying is to cute, I'll have to remember that one. :-)

Thanks for stopping by Naturally Knocked Up, I'll be launching it in full, and adding new posts, after the holiday, so I hope to see you back soon!

Groupon.com