Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tackle It Tuesday!

It's only 1:30 and I have gotten almost EVERYTHING done on my list to do today! I'm shocked at myself! hehe But I was up earlier and decided to go at it all and get it done with, and I am happy I did because now I have the rest of the day to do other things!

My kitchen is super clean and the floors are vacuumed and mopped. It feels GOOD! The only thing I need to do is fold a pile of laundry and put it away and I'm DONE!



Started my hubby's fav dinner!
Chicken and Smoked Sausage Gumbo over Rice!

Its really easy to make and its REALLY GOOD!

Make a dark brown roux of 1/2 cup butter and 1/2 cup Olive Oil and 1 cup flour
Cook for a good 20 mins on med-high till a dark brown

Add in 1 onion diced and 1/2 stalk of celery diced and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and
1/4 teaspoon cayenne ( I add more cause we like SPICE) a dash of pepper and a
dash of cumin (I like cumin in mine!)

Cook for 3-5 mins and then add in a can of chicken broth and about 2-3 cups of water

In Crock pot or Big pot on stove add in 2 links cut up of Smoked Sausage and 1 chicken breast with 8-10 cups of water. Add in your Roux when your done cooking it.

Cook for several hours and your chicken will fall apart and serve over White rice!

VERY GOOD!
Share

4 comments:

darcie said...

Nicole, this is a great recipe for our Bible study recipe exchange! And your kitchen, well, it looks dreamy; now I wonder what you did with the rest of the day?

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Hey! I caught up on lots of little things here and there that I havn't been able to do in a LONG TIME! Like KNIT! Working on a Christmas gift. :-)

Was nice for sure!

I can't wait for the recipe exchange!!! :-D

Heart of Wisdom said...

I love good food. Thanks for the recipe.

Come by and see me!!!!
robin@heartofwisdom.com

I have two blog post this Tuesday.
Photos of our typical morning on my personal blog at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome

and an explanation of Changes at my homeschool blog
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

Alyssa said...

going to try your gumbo this week

Groupon.com