Monday, October 20, 2008

From my Kitchen ~ Whole Wheat Bread

Remember my shopping trip to Whole Foods last week? Well I have been putting all those grains to good use. And I am LOVING the results of them! I'm going to put down the recipe of what I have been making here but remember this is from my head. I didn't start out with a recipe and change it... When you make bread for oh, wow, its been I would say over 10 years (maybe 13??) you tend to not go by the book any more because it comes easy like drinking..... So here you go!


Makes 2 Loaves of bread

Proof 2 Tablespoons Yeast in 2 cups of warm water with 1/4 cup of Honey
Add in 1/4 cup of Olive Oil, 2 teaspoons of Salt mix well.

Add in:
1/2 cup of ground Flax
1 cup of Whole Wheat Bran
2 cups of Whole Wheat
Mix
Then add in 1 cup at a time of Unbleached Flour. Mix in each cup and add until it becomes a nice dough. Knead for a few mins and let set for about 1 hour to rise.
Right now since the weather is turning cooler and you need a warmer temp for bread to rise I make my bread in my wooden bowl and set it on the stove top and turn the oven on low to get a warmer temp. for it to rise.



After it has risen punch down dough and knead for a few mins and put in two equal parts for your loaves of bread. Shape and put in bread pans to rise for 45-1 hour untill doubled. (I put on stove again for warmth.) Cook for 30-45 mins @ 350.




Eat hot with butter and honey or let set for later! :-D
Share

4 comments:

Lynn said...

This looks good. Thanks.

Caroline said...

If I remember I have to give you my 100% whole wheat recipe since you like to make bread. It comes out super soft, moist, and fluffy. The secret is in the eggs I think.:)

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Oh yahh! Sounds good! love new recipes to try!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, yum! I love making whole wheat bread. I make usually 2 loaves a week for us. :D Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Groupon.com