Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Let it go...

I am a very very organized and want everything to be clean kind of person... all the time.

And at the moment I am struggling with JUST LETTING IT GO... I can't keep up with it in the midst of sleeping all the time, nausea and being sick, and just no energy AT ALL...

It makes me cringe... I'm sure you would say it looks just fine but to me my house is a disaster. And I have absolutely NO energy to do anything. I get up and set about to doing something and next thing I know I am out on the couch.

For now I'm going to be OK with my house not being very very clean... I will settle for clean laundry!

So if you come to my house, yes I will have a pile of laundry on the couch, the dishes won't be all done, the floor won't have been just mopped or swept either... nor the carpet vacuumed for that matter, my bed will look slept in 24x7, and dinner on the stove? I'm trying... but throwing up isn't good for that... But I will be here! Growing a little baby... :-D And that's good enough for me! Share

4 comments:

Michigan Kate said...

Embrace the disasterousness of it all!

As long as you have clean clothes and clean dishes... it's all good!

Anonymous said...

I was sick the entire time I was pregnant. I remember being stuck in traffic, with a paper bag stuck to my face. I looked over and this man in the car beside me was watching me! I just waved at him. You will make it. Get plenty of rest and don't worry about the house. Your baby will be worth it all. cmcain31 at aol dot com

Rebekah said...

You hang in there, girl! It's worth it all, and right now, your child needs you to rest more than your house needs to be in perfect order! Believe me, you'll look back and realize this time flew by!
Don't hesitate to ask for help! I know you have so many family and friends who would come and clean for you while you sleep on the couch or just sit drinking a cup of tea!! :)
Take care of yourself...that's the most important thing right now!

Jenny said...

Bless your heart, Nichole, I know exactly how you feel! I was sick and throwing up about four-five times a day for four months of my pregnancy. I was so tired that the longest I could be up off the couch trying to get something done would be about ten minutes before I felt thoroughly worn out and exhausted. It's not fun! :o( I felt like my house was always messy, and I felt bad about not being able to cook for my husband. Just relax and know that this is just a season. It's okay for a little dust to get on the bookshelves, and it's okay to offer mac and cheese to the husband for dinner... he'll understand!

Groupon.com