Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Food for the Freezer - 2 types of Pigs n' Blanket

I have a list of things I am working on for meals and stuff for after baby is born and today I made up a batch of pigsnblanket and am about to start up a ton of breakfast pigsnblankets!



Homemade Biscuits
(from a 1933 Recipe)
Ingredients:
2 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
4 tablespoons butter or shortening
1/2 tsp. salt
about 3/4 cup milk
Sift Flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift again. Cut in shortening or butter. (this is where I use my hands by rubbing the butter into the flour). Add milk gradually, stirring until soft dough is formed. Turn out on slightly floured board and lightly "knead" for 30 seconds, enough to shape. Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with 2 inch floured biscuit cutter. Bake on ungreased sheet in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes. Makes 12 biscuits. You can also make tiny tea biscuits that are only 1 1/2 inches wide with a small cutter or glass bottom. These are great served with tea, jam or honey. Makes 24.

Once those are made instead of making them in to biscuits I will roll them and use them as dough to use as the blankets for breakfast sausage links.


Numo! And great to pop in the micro for a few seconds for quick numo breakfast!
Share

2 comments:

Mrs. Frogster said...

I so want one of these right now! Great tackle!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your recipe for these. They look like a great snack idea to send with my husband for work. :-)

Groupon.com