Saturday, March 21, 2009

23 weeks!

At more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound I have hit 23 weeks! I am feeling more and more the affects of being pregnant.

I have lower back pains and problems sleeping due to my arms falling asleep when I am on my side and that makes my hands hurt all day. But I am taking all this with the fact that I KNOW I won't have these problems FOREVER! :-) LOL I do get discouraged and annoyed that I can't sleep and hurt but it's all for a little one who is safe and warm in me.

I am feeling MORE and more of this kid's kicks and moves. The other night it did this flip that was the weirdest but coolest thing I've ever felt. I love it when it moves. Hubs is able to feel more and more of its kicks but can't wait to just SEE it moving around. :-D

Only 2 more weeks till we find out what baby is! I'm getting SOOOO excited! Have you voted yet? It was swinging on the boy side by I think its becoming a close tie of people opinions of what I am carrying! I cant WAIT! We are gonna have a nice crowd of people in the US room when we find out. :-) My doc said SURE as long as they behave! So my poor hubs is gonna be surrounded by alot of girls that morning... who knows maybe he will have a lil' boy on his side at the end of it.. but then again he might just get more out numbered! :-D

I've been pretty busy doing things for after the baby is here. I started stocking up my freezer with some foods that we can eat after things have settled down and I am not up to cooking yet.
I don't want to have to worry if we are gonna get dinner that day if we've had a long one!

Here's a few things they say that happen this week with baby:
Blood vessels in its lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing its for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze baby when they hear them outside the womb. Baby has developed a hand grip reflex and startle reflex.
Share

1 comment:

sarahdodson said...

So glad your pregnancy is going well!! Over halfway there. I'm thinking girl b/c it seems like almost everyone is having a boy lately. How fun to find out! If I'm ever pregnant again, I don't want to find out the sex of the baby. We found out with our first two, so I want the next one (if the Lord is willing) to be a surprise! Either way is fun, eh? :)

Great job on all your cooking/baking/preparing!!! I'm SUPER impressed. You're awesome and I imagine your husband is so thankful for your diligence in it. Wow!

Sorry about the rough time sleeping:( I do feel for you; I've been there and that part is NOT fun.

Groupon.com