Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Challah Bread Remake

After my disaster of making this bread last Friday I am yet attempting to make it again! Last week it smelt sooo good, looked awesome, and I got ready to take it to Bible Study dinner and Eck it was RAW in the middle! Not cool at all! This time I plan to make MUCH smaller loafs and hopefully we will have bread that turns out good instead of GOO!

Rolled out ready to braid!


Pretty Loafs


And a wreaf cuase its just pretty that way!


All done and smelling GOOD!


Numo!


The bread turned out SO GOOD! Can't wait to make it again!
A very rich tasting bread that was prefectly done! :-D

Here is the recipe I am going to use:

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon oil
4 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons dry yeast
5 cups flour, plus additional flour (may take 8 or 9 cups of flour total)

Instructions:
1. Combine ingredients in a large bowl in order listed. Add enough flour and knead to make a smooth dough. Knead for approximately 10 minutes.

2. Oil top of bread and cover. Let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Punch down.

3. And braiding it into 4 small 6-strand challah loafs. I found a few vidoes on youtube.com showing how to do it.
4. Let rise for about 30-45 mins till double, wash with a beaten egg and cook at 325 for 20-30 mins or untill golden brown.
Eat hot with butter!!! :-D
Share

2 comments:

Firefly14 said...

Oh! That looks so good! I bet it tasted as good as it looked. Thanks for the recipe.

Heather said...

Looks yummy. I am going to have to try this! I love homemade bread.

Groupon.com