Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Allergy Friendly Nutty Fruity Soft Baked Granola Bars

I have searched and searched for a good allergy friendly soft baked granola bar for awhile. And its not easy to find one I tell you! I finally decided to take a few different ideas from recipes I thought sounded good and ratios and came up with the following allergy friendly recipe.
A few notes for allergy people:
We use GF oats.
Ocean Spray has GF certified dried fruit.
If you liked sliced almonds you could add those also if you don't have a peanut allergy.
You possibly could change out the coconut oil for butter but I am not sure how it would be different.




Toast in large pan @350 :
While stirring every 5 mins 
(Should take about 15 mins or so) 
4 cups reg oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
2 cups sweetened coconut flakes

Mix in bowl:
I use my Kitchen aid to make it easier
(3 cups of mixed dried fruit your choice)
1 cup dried Cranberries diced
1 cup dried Blueberries diced
1 cup dried Apricots diced

In pot cook till dissolved:
1 cup Honey
6 tblsp coconut oil
1/2 brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt


Mix toasted oat mix with 1 cup ground flax seeds and fruit.
Add in wet ingredients till well mixed.
Put in a large pan and press down till nice and packed. (I use a large bar pan from
pampered chef and it fits perfect in it.)
Bake at 300 for 30 mins 
Cool completely and cut in bars.
Can store for a week or so. Share

No comments:

Groupon.com