Monday, January 14, 2008

UNPREPARED???

I just wanted to encourage the bargain shoppers out there to keep at it and you will get the hang of it soon!!!

Yesterday I went in the afternoon between church to get a few things and be able to use the last coupons out that were expiring.
I did not have it all set in stone what I was getting. So I made a mess. The first I have ever gone into the store not knowing EXACTLY what I am getting and what I should pay and what I should walk out with. It was bad. I didn't end up using 3 $4.00 coupons I had on razors, lost $12.00 and I also thought a beauty tool was $3.29 which would of been a total of $.29 cents as I had a $2 CRT and a $1 coupon. Well I didn't pay attention but that tool was $16.99!!!!!! I WOULD NEVER PAY THAT!!!!!!! :-) I saw that on my receipt when I was going thru my receipts last night and was very upset with myself!

This just goes to tell you that anyone can mess up even when they have it all down pat how to shop the sales.

But there was a relief in all of this.
Cvs will give you Cash for your coupons if you bring back the item and the receipt. So I was able to get my $12.00 back for those 3 coupons. And I returned the beauty tool. So I got back a bit over $30. Which I turned around and bought a few more razors as I had a few more coupons.
So it ended up being ok in the end but well worth the lesson.
NEVER GO UNPREPARED!!! :-D Share

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Gets even worse when you have a kiddo in tow trust me!!! :P I got my Walgreens deals today but I had a list made with everything I wanted to buy and which items had a coupon or a deal. I did good!!! Got 2 Jumbos of Huggies diapers for 13 bucks *AWESOME* and with that I got free wipes!!! YEAH!!!

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

LOL,
Awesome!!!!
I have a gift card to use at walgreens... just got to see whats on sale there now. LOL.
I send sis a whole bunch of baby coupons for the sale at walgreens. :-) she might clear them out of anything so beware!!! LOL

Groupon.com