Monday, July 14, 2008

Oh num....

Ok, I've gone crazy on making nummy things the last few days... and one of my creations
today was Cinnabons!!! Oh num oh num oh nummmmmmmm!!!

The recipe I used was this

INGREDIENTS

1 cup warm milk
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup margarine, melted (I used reg oil)
4 1/2 cups bread flour ( I used 3 cups non bleached flour, 1 cup wheat, 1/2 cup ground flax)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar (I use honey for my breads as its more natual and I like the taste better)
2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter, softened

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS
Make bread dough as normal.

After the dough has doubled in size turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover and let rest for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.

Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 cup butter and sprinkle evenly with sugar/cinnamon mixture. Roll up dough and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Bake rolls in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes. While rolls are baking, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.







I'm gonna send them with hubby to work tomorrow or I will eat them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that dosnt help with shedding lbs.... sigh...


I also started a Sourdough starter the other day. A first for me! I made sourdough bread along time ago when I lived at home but I had never made the starter for it. So we will see how this goes! :-D Share

11 comments:

Loretta said...

Is that a wooden bowl that your dough is in? I love it. It reminds me of the days gone by.
I collect wooden bowls made from one piece of wood - handcarved are my favorite. I have one I bought here in Ghana, West Africa that is handcarved with a "flower petal" look. Big and heavy.
Just had to comment.
Loretta
http://veganfootprints.blogspot.com/

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Yes it is a wooden bowl! :-) Its a acctualy an old fashioned bread bowl. I love making bread in it. It rises better and its just my fav! :-)
Nichole

Deanna said...

I knew I shouldn't have clicked your WFMW link. Ha! Oh, YUM!! Those look delicious and now I just have to try them!!

Unknown said...

They really do look good...makes me want to get out the bread bowl too!

cpullum said...

Wow these look really good!! I will have to give it a try!

Kelly said...

nummmmmmming, indeed!!!!

Lisa Knight said...

I love homemade cinnamon rolls, they are the best! Great pics too!

Audra Krell said...

I have a wooden bowl just like that. Must be a sign that I am supposed to make these! Thanks for the details!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

mmmmmmmmmm. I can almost smell them!

Rebekah said...

Sounds awesome!!!

What are you up to, girl??? I can't believe there hasn't been a post here in a few days! :)

Send me an IM sometime to let me know how you and the hubby are!

Love ya!

Heart 4 My Home said...

These look so tasty. I might just have to make some one weekend. Thanks for the recipe.

Groupon.com