Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Coupon Book

Ok' this is NOT all my expired coupons... its mine and my sisnlaws... and she gets 2 inserts a week also. :-) We sat and watched a movie and exterminated all our expired coupons from out books while our hubby's played computer games! :D






We had a little to much fun with the mountain of coupon papers! But my book is MUCH lighter for sure!




Since I cleaned out my book and its been so long since I have done this I will give you a little "tour" of it!


I know alot of people prefer to cut coupons out each week and file them away but I'm just not one of those people. I do not like doing that AT ALL! If it works for you AWESOME but not me! :-)


I bought my binder off eBay. I found a very good price for it. I paid $15.00 total for it along with shipping. I am glad bought a two sided one because it has served its purpose well. And its bright pink not hard to miss!

I just found out that you can buy this binder at TARGET!!!!!! It's called Case It and it retailed for $17.99 !!!!!!!


In the front mesh part of the binder I keep my business cards for my website and my Beauticontrol site. I often hand several to a person to give to her friends and such!



Like I said it is a dual binder so it has two sides with folders on each. Each side has a
Velcro tab that holds that side shut tight so just in case something happen to be loose
in there it wont fall out!





This is the beginning of the right side of my binder. Where I keep all my inserts and cut coupons.
I sort my coupons by maker : SS, RP, and PG. Then in each folder I sort it by date. So they will be newest on top an oldest on bottom.











In the very back behind my inserts I keep a folder with a protector for my cut coupons that I have cut but never ended up using. All my coupons that I get in the mail or say in the ALL
YOU mag go in there. They stay in very well cause its the back and when its velcros shut its quite tight!



Now to the left side of my binder this is where I put all my coupons that are going to be used
each week for each store I hit. The very beginning I put in the spare pocket any coupons for
stores like bedbathandbeyond or say oldnavy! :-)
I put my calculator in the mesh pocket along with my scissors (which are MIA) and my little note pad to work up a deal if I need to!

In the flip zip pocket I keep all my past Walgreen's rebates for the month along with the receipts in case I need them if a rebate won't go thru!


I went to Walgreen's and bought stick able zipper pockets and stuck them to the front side of 3 of my folders on the left side of my binder for each store.
The first one I have is CVS. Right now it only has a few coupons in it but soon when I get all my deals ready it will have a good amount of coupons in it. I also keep my card in it, my gift card if I have one, my ECB's, and any CVS coupons if I have any.



On the back side of each folder are slots. In each one I keep the stores sales ad.


Here's my Walgreen's folder!


And my Target, HEB, and Walmart folder. I keep these together because the coupons that
I pull out and put in there are my items I buy all the time so when a deal comes at a certain
store I will have it right there. Or when I get Free Item coupons I put them in there because
most likely I will be getting it at one of those stores!




Well that's it!
Pretty simple and I love it. For me it is the best way to shop. I know people say but you don't know where any of your coupons are! If I lived up north where had stores that I could find more grocery type items on knock out prices or deals that double and triple coupons then I would think of cutting coupons and doing it a different way. But since I get all my shopping deals and info from lots of places online it works the best for me this way!!!
Share

6 comments:

sarahdodson said...

Very organized- very cool!

Rebekah said...

That is cool!!! I'd love to be able to get this organized, but with my two boys, I'm not sure I could juggle a large folder, having to cut things, etc. Not to mention, that with one or both boys in the basket, I dont' know where I would put the folder. I love it though!!! I love the organization of it and that everything is always in the same place...something I desperately need to work out for myself!!!

Mom of 3 Athletes said...

I LOVE your binder. I went looking for one yesterday, but didn't really see one that I liked. I will definitely be checking out ebay today.

Just a little FYI -- you can send your expired coupons over seas to military families. They can use them for up to 6 months passed the expiration date. You can visit this website for more info: : http://www.commissaries.com/store_locator.cfm I figured this would be something that good for all coupon clippers could pitch in with. Hope you don't mind me posting the comment on your blog about it.

Rebekah said...

Just an FYI to anyone who likes your coupon system---

You can find this binder at most Targets for $17.99.

My mom and I are switching to your system, Nichole!! I'll let you know how it works out for us! I'm excited to try it now that I saw how you and Rachel make it work for you.

Mom of 3 Athletes said...

FYI -- I bought 3 of these exact binders on clearance (75% off) at CVS for $3.24. They are marked down with the school supplies -- so they may be down to 90% off by now!

Jennifer said...

Very interesting. Right now I'm cutting out all the coupons I use every week. I'll have to look at your post a little closer to figure out exactly what you're doing with your coupons, but it definitely has me thinking!

Groupon.com