Saturday, February 28, 2009

20 weeks! Half way there!

I can not believe I am half way thru this pregnancy! In just 16-20 weeks, depending on how long this baby wants to stay in it's nice warm and cozy little home, we will be a family of 3. Kinda crazy how fast the time is going.

I love being pregnant! Yah, theres the not so cool moments. Like when I was so sick with morning sickness, or how I can no longer sleep on my stomach and sleeping on my back hurts but sleeping on my sides my arms from shoulders down fall DEAD ASLEEP.
But despite alot of those things and more, I still love being pregnant! When this baby kicks me or is wiggly around "swimming" as my niece calls it, I love it! Every once in a while when babe gets its foot in my bladder or groin I start pushing it around telling it to stop. :-) Hubs says the poor thing gets discipline already from its momma!

I guess I have been getting "braxton hicks" more and more recently. At first I wasn't sure what it was but after talking to a few peeps and looking it up I'm guessing that's what it is. My stomach would get hard as a rock and feel weird. It never hurts but its an odd feeling for sure.

About 5 more weeks till we find out what baby is! I am getting antsy to find out.... I wanna know so bad what this baby is!!! I have a feeling I know what it is but who knows! We will see!

Pretty much all my "normal" clothes now fit way to funny to wear.... I am needing to get a few more tops but I am having a VERY hard time finding things that fit correctly and are what I want. I went to a maternity store with my husband when we were in Houston and I tried on SO MANY things and NOTHING worked. I was so frustrated with maternity clothes. Hopefully I will be able to come across some good maternity clothes soon that aren't gonna cost me an arm and a leg or I don't know what I'm going to do.

From what they say about babies growth:
Baby weighs about 10.5-12.3 ounces now. Baby is also around 7 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel.
Baby is now practicing breathing on a regular basis and swallowing more these days, which is good practice for their digestive system. They also start producing meconium. YUCK! :-D
Your baby's skin is becoming more complex at the end of pregnancy week 20, forming different layers. The epidermis, or surface of your baby's skin now has four layers that contain ridges for fingertips. The layers that form in your baby's palms and feet will provide him with his own unique fingerprint later in life.

Tomorow I will get hubs to take a picture for 20 weeks and will post it later! :-D Share

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Kohl's is having a sale that includes maternity from March 4-10. I have found some nice things there.

Michigan Kate said...

Hey!

I remember my first couple of maternity clothes shopping trips.... I think I almost had a panic attack! But it gets better, I promise! Maternity clothes are expensive, but Kohls and JC Penny have good sales. Plus the Motherhood stores always have a good clearance section (I wouldn't even look at the regular-priced clothes when I was preggers). Plus they have a store at the outlet mall, it's kind of a drive, but it could make a fun day trip! One time I also went to Ross and was very pleasantly surprised by their prices.

Sara's Goodies said...

In San Antonio, try the Destination Maternity over by Huebner Oaks - they have a lot of amazing (and really expensive) stuff in the front, but keep going to the left and they have some really good deals on CUTE stuff!
Also I found a lot of good deals at a secondhand store over by Ingram Mall. I can't remember the name of it, it's in the shopping center where the Fortune Cookie restaurant is. I bought some great-condition maternity jeans and dresses at about $2-7 each.
My favorites toward the end were shirts from GAP Maternity. They seemed HUGE when I bought them early-on, but at the end I think I had 1 shirt I wore more than anything because it was SO soft and comfy!

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

Hi! You might try Old Navy - they have pretty inexpensive maternity clothes - I especially liked their t-shirts. Also Kohl's has a small maternity section and their stuff is generally on sale. You can even find some on clearance!

Groupon.com