Gluten Free Flour Tortillas
1 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 - 1 cup very hot water
1. Mix white rice flour, potato starch flour, tapioca flour, xanthan gum, salt, and baking powder in food processer.
2. Add olive oil and blend until crumbly.
3. Add 1/2 cup of very hot water and pulse a few times.
4. Gradually add more water, a few tablespoons at a time, until the mixture creates a ball. I would be careful not to add too much water. You only want to add enough water to allow the mixture to come together into a dough that you can knead. Too much water and you'll have a gloppy mess.
5. Roll into a nice 2 inch log. Cut into 12 slices and cover with a damp towel and let sit until the skillet or griddle is hot.
6. Roll the dough onto a sheet of wax, make sure to use some gluten free white rice flour on the paper and on your rolling pin so it dosn't stick. Otherwise, the dough might stick to the rolling pin.
7. Place on hot skillet or griddle until bubbles appear and then flip over. Toast for a few more seconds.
Enjoy with some nummy mexican food!
These freeze well also. When they cool, lay them out on a large baking pan and slide into the freezer. After they're frozen, put them into a ziplock freezer bag.